Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe to this show via: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
For most high schools around the country, mid-to-late January is the time to start thinking about the postseason and gearing up to qualify for your respective state series.
If you’re a young wrestler looking for competitive tactics heading into the postseason…
…Or you’re a high school coach balancing the physical preparation, technique, and mindset of an entire team…
Then this podcast is for you. On Episode 34 of the Attack Style Wrestling Podcast, we outline a number of strategies to dominate positions and win matches. By the end of this episode, coaches and wrestlers alike will leave with an arsenal of mental, physical, and tactical advantages to excel in the postseason.
Here’s what else you’ll find within this episode:
- The Coach’s Dilemma – evaluating talent to make necessary post-season adjustments (3:29)
- The ONE thing great coaches do (4:26)
- How increased competition alters practice planning (and three steps to get it right) (6:30)
- Peaking and tapering physical prep for postseason (9:00)
- The LAST thing you want your athletes to do (10:17)
- Integrating situational work to enhance mental fortitude (14:35)
- Gain the ability to consistently beat opponents…even if they know what’s coming (17:40)
- Postseason strength training adjustments for optimal performance (23:35)
- Building confidence with ONE simple exercise (26:51)
- Controlling emotions and managing intensity through visualization (32:55)
- The golden rule of postseason training (36:47)
The Attack Style Wrestling Podcast is brought to you by AttackStyleWrestling.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ATTACK STYLE WRESTLING PODCAST
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spreaker | iHeartRadio | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
JOIN THE TEAM
And if you're a fan of the extensive and broad-based reach of the shows on the Mat Talk Podcast Network, become a TEAM MEMBER today. There are various levels of perks for the different levels of team membership. If you like wrestling content — scratch that — if you LOVE great wrestling content, consider becoming a team member. You'll get some cool stuff too.
Looking to start a podcast of your own?
Get a free month with Libsyn.com by using the promo code MTO when you sign up. You'll get the remainder of the month from when you sign up as well as the next month free. It'll be enough time to kick the tires and lights some fires.